Even Texas’ most careful motorcyclists can get into accidents and suffer serious injuries, especially when another driver endangers their safety by acting negligently. If a driver carelessly hit you while riding your motorcycle, consider hiring a Texas motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm who can hold the person accountable for your losses.
A Texas personal injury lawyer from Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, can pursue the maximum compensation you can use to pay bills and support your family. Such a legal action would ensure the negligent party pays for what happened.
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Texas Will Pursue Damages for You
After suffering injuries due to another party’s negligence, you can seek financial recovery for:
- Financial losses
- Physical suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Professional setbacks
- Changes in your life
Many damages fit within these categories. Among other things, you could be eligible for:
- Psychological and physical pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and scar tissue
- Loss of consortium
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment
- Medical treatment costs
- Therapy bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Lost employment opportunities (e.g., promotions)
- Property damage (e.g., motorcycle damage that requires repairs or replacement)
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC’s motorcycle accidents lawyers in Texas can fight for your compensation in these categories and many more.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Our Texas Motorcycle Accident Attorney Will Meet All Your Case’s Needs
After a personal injury, you must step back, process the accident, and determine your next steps. Nevertheless, you must act promptly to collect compensation. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 sets a time limit on injury cases. If you want to file legal action regarding your motorcycle accident, you must start it within two years.
Our motorcycle accident attorney in Texas can give you the chance to pursue a lawsuit without putting yourself through unnecessary stress and hardship. First, we will provide you with a free case review to review the following:
- If you have a viable legal case
- How we can help you with your case
- How you can make an appointment to come into our office and ask more detailed questions about your case
Once you hire our law firm, our motorcycle accident lawyer in Texas will lead your case, whether you file an insurance claim or lawsuit. We can work on your case at no upfront cost, as we take cases on a contingency basis. You would not have to do anything except spend time with your family and attend to your personal affairs. We would manage all legal tasks, including:
- Collecting evidence to support your case. We may request copies of police reports, photographs, video footage, and medical records, among other things.
- Analyzing the evidence. We must find out the exact sequence of events, how much your case is worth, and who should pay you compensation.
- Contacting the liable party’s insurer. Assuming they are properly insured, the at-fault party’s insurance company is responsible for paying your compensation. If they are not insured, we can pursue compensation directly from the at-fault party.
- Evaluating settlement offers. The insurer may offer you a lowball settlement, but there is no guarantee that this offer will be fair. We can review their financial compensation offer before you agree to anything. Otherwise, you could lose money.
- Negotiating a settlement. We handle cases that do not get to the trial stage. Instead, we can make your case to an insurer and advocate that it pays you fairly for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
- Preparing for trial and representing you in court. Some cases cannot be settled outside of court. If a case we handle goes to trial, we protect our clients by delivering arguments and evidence to a judge and jury.
The Texas motorcycle accident attorneys at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, are on call seven days a week. If a client has a question or something to report about their case, they are free to call us, even on weekends. We will respond as quickly as possible to every message.
Texas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Motorcycle Accident Injury Causes in Texas
There are two factors to consider when looking at motorcycle accident injury causes: what caused the accident, and what caused the injury?
Motorcycle accidents can have many causes. For example:
- If a truck, a car, or another kind of vehicle hit you, especially when it was making a left-hand turn, a negligent driver may be to blame. Careless drivers who speed, follow other vehicles too closely, give in to distractions, or drive while drunk are breaking traffic laws. Drivers can also exhibit negligence if they fail to check their blind spots before making a turn or changing lanes.
- If part of your motorcycle malfunctioned, you could be the victim of a manufacturer that failed to test or recall its product. A careless mechanic could also play a role in this kind of accident.
- If the roadway was unsafe—for example, if a stoplight was malfunctioning—the local government may be responsible. It is the government’s job to keep local roadways safe for everyone.
Motorcycle injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), internal organ damage, soft tissue injuries, and more often result from these neglectful actions. However, a secondary event could worsen your injuries when you could have otherwise walked away in much better condition. Consider the following:
- A speeding car comes toward you (the first event). You should have been able to swerve away, but your brakes did not respond quickly enough (the second event).
- A motorcyclist suffers a fatal head injury because they did not wear a helmet. Per the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 39 percent of all motorcyclist fatalities in 2022 did not wear helmets.
- A driver is operating a vehicle while drunk. You are determined to stay away from them, but when they hit a pothole, they lose control of the vehicle and hit you before you can react.
In each case, more than one event contributed to your injuries. If we can identify multiple liable parties in your motorcycle accident, we can pursue compensation from all of them. We will work to hold all parties accountable for your losses.
Personal injury claims are always changing. When you hire our motorcycle accident attorney in Texas to represent you, we will prepare you for any situations that may arise.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
We Are Ready to Represent You After a Texas Motorcycle Accident
If you are seeking guidance from a Texas motorcycle accident lawyer, Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, is here to help. Reach out to Steve Carrigan today or request a free consultation from a member of our team.
We want all motorcycle wreck survivors to get the compensation they deserve. Call us for a free consultation.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.