Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyer
Corpus Christi, Texas, is a city with a population of around 325,000 people located on the Gulf of Mexico. Unfortunately, Corpus Christi has experienced its share of vehicular accidents over the years. From 2017 to 2019, the number of accidents in the city increased by nearly 8%, with over 2,000 accidents occurring in 2019 alone. While some of these accidents were minor, many resulted in severe injury or death, with over 280 fatalities occurring in the three-year period.
If you are involved in a big truck accident, contact a Corpus Christi personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our attorneys can assist you in understanding your rights and the legal process that follows a serious truck accident. We will also assist you in determining how much compensation you may be entitled to for any injuries or damages caused by the accident. Our attorneys will also be able to negotiate with all of the parties involved in the accident to ensure that you receive the best possible outcome.
The presence of an experienced truck accident injury attorney on your side will make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Call us today at 361-320-3695.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF BIG TRUCK ACCIDENTS?
- Speeding – Truck accidents caused by speeding are all too common and frequently result in serious injury or death. Because it reduces the driver’s response times and braking distance, speeding increases the risk of a truck accident. Additionally, when a truck is speeding, it can be difficult to control on curvy roads or in bad weather. Depending on the size and weight of the vehicle, a truck speeding can cause a much more severe accident than a truck going the speed limit.
- Driver Fatigue – Truck driver fatigue is a significant contributor to truck accidents. Many truck drivers are underpaid and overworked, which forces them to drive for longer periods of time. This can cause fatigue and drowsiness, making it difficult for them to concentrate and make sound decisions while driving.
- Tire blowouts – Tire blowouts are a major cause of truck accidents on the road. This is frequently caused by a combination of factors such as underinflated tires, overloaded or improperly loaded cargo, and worn tires. When a tire blows out, the driver loses control of the vehicle, which can result in a crash or rollover. Furthermore, the sudden deflation can cause significant damage to the vehicle’s other tires, leading to loss of control and a crash. To avoid catastrophic tire blowouts and reduce the likelihood of truck accidents, it is critical to ensure that tires are properly maintained and inspected on a regular basis.
- Driving Under the Influence – Truck accidents caused by speeding are all too common and frequently result in serious injury or death. Because it reduces the driver’s response times and braking distance, speeding increases the risk of a truck accident. Additionally, when a truck is speeding, it can be difficult to control on curvy roads or in bad weather. Depending on the size and weight of the vehicle, a truck speeding can cause a much more severe accident than a truck going the speed limit.
- Overweight and improperly loaded cargo – Overloaded vehicles endanger road safety and contribute to many of our road fatalities. Overloaded vehicles endanger the driver, passengers, and other road users. The vehicle’s momentum is altered when a truck is overloaded, or its cargo is allowed to shift from side to side. This makes stopping and maintaining control more difficult, especially when performing necessary defensive maneuvers.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Prove the Cause of Your Truck Accident
Truck accidents can have more than one responsible party. When our truck accident lawyer serving Corpus Christi, TX accepts your case, we start by listening to your version of events and compiling evidence that proves the accident’s cause. The negligent parties and their insurance company will demand proof, including:
- Truck accident report
- Medical records
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert testimonials
- Accident reconstruction
Our personal injury attorney will compile your evidence and use it to steer your case toward financial recovery via a settlement versus a lengthy trial.
Compensation You Can Recover as a Truck Accident Injury Victim
When we file your personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit, we define your truck accident type, identify the at-fault party, and document their negligence. These factors open the door to pursuing the following forms of compensation:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Lasting disfigurement
Our personal injury law firm takes time to create a carefully detailed list of your recoverable damages and to avoid having your case undervalued or underpaid. Our team also works hard to comply with the statute of limitations to avoid the costly consequences of filing your lawsuit too late.
CALL OUR CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS TODAY
Call our office immediately if you have been seriously injured by a big truck in Corpus Christi, Texas. We have over 50 years of combined legal experience fighting against insurance companies for our accident victims in South Texas. Call us at 361-320-3695 for a complimentary no obligation consultation. We are just a phone call away.
Car Accident Lawyers in South Texas and beyond
Car accidents are far too frequent, and often times the frustrations of a car accident extend far beyond the actual trauma of the accident. If you or a loved one have been in a car wreck but feel you are not receiving just compensation from insurance, you need to contact Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC.
When you are suffering from physical injury or the loss of a loved one due to an accident, you don’t have time to battle unfair settlements and legal claims. Let Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC go to bat for you during this difficult time. With our experience, skill and resources, we are here to help you seek complete monetary damages for your car accident.
If you’ve been in a car wreck, don’t hesitate to text or call Steve at 361-320-3695. He can help you understand your options.
Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Whether you’re traveling on I-37 or cruising on TX-35, motorcyclists are the most vulnerable vehicle operators. No matter how safe you are as a motorcyclist, often other drivers are not as safe. Don’t let the negligence of other drivers keep you from getting the settlement you deserve from a motorcycle accident.
Our attorneys at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC are committed to protecting motorcycle riders’ rights. Motorcycle accidents can often cause great amounts of damage to persons and property – We will fight for the fair compensation that involve motorcycle accident victims.
If you or someone you love has been in a motorcycle wreck, reach out to Steve Carrigan, our motorcycle attorney in Corpus Christi. Steve answers texts and calls 7 days a week at 361-320-3695.
Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Corpus Christi, TX
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC is here to help if you or someone you love was injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler or other large truck. We handle commercial trucking accident cases across the entire state of Texas and have fought for the injured since 1986.
Semi Truck accident claims present particular complexities, making it more important to involve a seasoned attorney:
- 18-wheeler accidents are more likely to cause catastrophic injury and property damage, even when they occur at relatively low speeds. Resulting claims often have higher values and it will be more important for a victim to recover complete compensation for all injuries and losses.
- The at-fault party may be a large trucking company, distributor, or other large organization. With 18-wheeler accidents, it is more likely that responsibility may lie with a company as opposed to an individual driver. Trucking companies and their insurance providers may have entire teams of attorneys to counteract claims. You need a skilled attorney who has experience winning cases against these million-dollar monsters.
If you’ve been in a wreck with a semi-truck anywhere in Texas, you need a responsive lawyer, who cares. Text or call Steve, day or night at 361-320-3695.
Corpus Christi Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
A 2019 report stated that “in the past 10 years, the number of pedestrian fatalities on our nation’s roadways has increased by more than 50%.” With greater distractions for drivers – including texting, GPS systems, and digital billboards – the number of pedestrian accidents has increased.
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC is here to help if you were injured or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident. The person that caused the accident should pay for your injuries or loss, but trying to recover fair compensation from their insurance provider can be difficult. Our Corpus Christi pedestrian accident attorneys can level the playing field. We will aggressively represent your interests to help you secure a fair settlement or award.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Corpus Christi are available for advice 7 days a week. Call or text Steve today at 361-320-3695.
Corpus Christi Premises Liability Attorneys
A “premises liability” attorney is basically a fancy term for an attorney who is needed for a slip-and-fall, mugging, or anything else that occurs on someone else’s property that causes you to be injured. Some people refer to a premises liability attorney as a “slip-and-fall” attorney, but it encompasses much more than just slip-and-falls.
In the course of a single day, we may visit a number of different properties. We may go to a restaurant, retail store, office building, hotel, or other residential or commercial property for work, pleasure, or personal reasons. While at these places, we trust that property owners are maintaining reasonably safe grounds. We do not expect that we could be injured because of a hazard.
Unfortunately, accidents do occur, and they leave innocent people seriously injured. If you were injured in an accident or were attacked or assaulted on another’s property, you may be entitled to financial compensation by way of a premises liability lawsuit. A Corpus Christi injury lawyer at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC can talk to you about your options and rights.
Attorney Stephen Carrigan handles most of our premises liability claims. If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, reach out to Steve anytime at 361-320-3695.
Corpus Christi Work Injury Lawyers
For over 30 years, we have been fighting for workers across the greater Nueces County area and the Coastal Bend who have been injured in on-the-job accidents. Our lawyers have fought for fair compensation for these workers and their families, helping them get the medical care and financial support they need to set things right again.
Texas is one of the only states that does not require employers to have workers compensation coverage. According to the Texas Workforce Commission the time limit an employee has to file a claim for a work injury is within the first 90 days. If your company has enrolled in workman’s comp, it may remove them from liability for your work injury if your company was at fault in the injury. If another company was at fault for the injury other than the company supplying the workman’s compensation insurance, you need to reach out to our injury team today.
If you’re confused about who’s responsible for your work injury in Corpus Christi, TX, text with Steve for answers today at 361-320-3695.
Corpus Christi Wrongful Death Attorneys
The surprising loss of a loved one or family member can shake your world. It’s hard to focus or even concentrate on the things that need to be done. Our job is to help you seek justice for the wrongful death of your loved one. We want the legal process to be as swift and pain-free as possible. We will fight for you.
Our local wrongful death lawyers are highly experienced and are committed to helping the injured and wronged. They have more than five decades of collective legal experience and utilize this to help families across the greater Nueces County area and the Coastal Bend who have lost parents, children, spouses, and other family members due to another’s negligent or wrongful conduct. When you come to our firm, you will receive caring support and skillful representation as we pursue justice in your loved one’s name.
If you’re looking for a wrongful death lawyer in Corpus Christi, TX reach out to attorney Steve Carrigan today at 361-320-3695.