Homeowners insurance offers financial recovery when your property sustains damage. At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, homeowners who protect their property with insurance coverage should be able to rely on that protection when they need it most. If your home suffered damage or was destroyed by a harmful event that your insurance policy covers, our property insurance claims lawyer in Corpus Christi will explain the compensation recovery process.
It can be frustrating and stressful when you cannot recover the compensation you need to repair fire or water damage. Our Corpus Christi homeowners insurance claims lawyer will assess your property and examine the fine print of your insurance policy. Then, we will protect you from an insurer’s unscrupulous actions that compromise your right to compensation and fight hard to build a convincing case file on your behalf.
Recovering Compensation Starts With Understanding Your Homeowners Insurance Policy
Just as every home is different, every homeowner’s policy provides different coverage depending on the value of your home, its location, and any optional insurance products you choose. According to Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) guidelines, most policies generally cover:
- Aircraft crashes
- Civil commotion
- Lightning strikes
- Malicious mischief
- Vehicle crashes
Your policy may also cover windstorm, hurricane, and hail damage, although Gulf Coast homeowners typically must purchase this protection separately.
During your free consultation, provide our insurance lawyer with a complete copy of your policy and any related documentation signed as part of your original policy or at a later date.
Types of Coverage Included in Most Homeowner’s Policies
You may need to tap into your insurance coverage for many reasons. In Texas, homeowners insurance typically rolls multiple types of protection into a single policy, including the following:
- Dwelling coverage that compensates you for damage to your structure
- Personal property coverage that reimburses you for damage to your belongings
- Other structures coverage that compensates you for damage to your outbuildings
- Additional living expenses coverage that pays your living expenses while your home undergoes repairs
- Personal liability coverage that compensates anyone injured on your property or by your covered pet
Review why you need compensation with a Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, team member. We will listen to your story, explain the fine print of your policy, and take on the insurance company regardless of size. From determining deductibles to creating detailed lists of your losses, we stand by your side from start to finish.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Bad Faith Insurance Tactics Could Lead to a Lower Settlement than You Deserve
Insurance companies are often overwhelmed with claims after a natural disaster. However, that does not mean your claim should not receive the attention it warrants.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, we bring familiarity with Texas insurance law to your case. That means our homeowners insurance claims lawyer serving Corpus Christi, TX, can protect you from the following bad faith insurance practices:
- Creating or implementing time-wasting tactics
- Failing to conduct a comprehensive investigation
- Knowingly misrepresenting all or part of your policy
- Purposely making an unreasonably low settlement offer
- Declining to acknowledge your claim or correspondence
- Refusing to submit timely payment on your claim
- Rejecting your claim without providing a legitimate reason
Our law firm will fight hard to prevent these or any other inappropriate practices from limiting the financial compensation you need and deserve.
Get Help Filing an Appeal If the Insurer Rejects Your Initial Insurance Claim
Our homeowners insurance claims attorney in Corpus Christi, TX, will file an appeal on your behalf if your insurance adjuster denies the initial claim or makes an unreasonably low settlement offer that will not cover your actual losses.
You can provide us with a copy of your denial letter or lowball offer. Then, let us take it from there. We stop at nothing to protect homeowners from delays, denials, and illegal practices.
Corpus Christi Homeowners Insurance Claim Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, Will Be With You Every Step of the Way
The aftermath of a fire or weather event that damages your home can leave you with multiple immediate tasks, including securing property and relocating your family. While you take care of these responsibilities, our law firm will take on the insurance company for you by doing the following:
- Review the current condition of your property
- Review your insurance policy and addendums
- Contact your insurance company and adjuster
- Accurately assess the value of your damages
- Explain each step of the insurance claims process
- Negotiate a favorable financial settlement
- File an effective appeal after a denial
- Guard against bad-faith insurance practices
- Protect you from an unfairly low settlement offer
Your lawyer will also work hard to meet all applicable notification and filing deadlines. So, leave the hard work and legwork of your claim to our team. Our law firm will never stop fighting for fair and appropriate financial compensation.
Our Law Firm Draws Praise from the Homeowners We Represent
When clients we served in the past refer others to our law firm, they leave online reviews like these:
- Ricardo F.: Mr. David Anderson was very helpful after the hailstorm and Hurricane Harvey…I recommend Carrigan and Anderson to anybody needing help with their homeowner insurance companies.
- Jack F.: They were extremely professional and were with me every step of the way, giving great insight into how things will go and took time to explain and make sure I understood what was happening.
Recovering the compensation you need to restore or rebuild your home is important to every member of our team. We offer personalized, responsive legal service and support to every client we represent.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
Get Help Recovering Homeowners Insurance Compensation Today
If your home sustained damage or was destroyed and you need compensation to restore or rebuild it, our Corpus Christi homeowners insurance claims lawyer can help. Our client-focused team at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, will take on the insurer so that you can focus on caring for your family.
You do not have to deal with the insurance company alone. Instead, contact Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, today to get help fighting for insurance compensation.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.