When you purchased your home in Houston and protected it with homeowners insurance, you should be able to count on its protection when you need it. However, if you need compensation from your insurer and it makes a lowball offer or rejects your claim entirely, our law firm will take them on. We will determine the maximum protection your policy offers and negotiate hard for the best possible outcome for you.
Insurance companies can be overwhelmed by a sudden influx of claims after a catastrophic event. However, your claim does not have to fall through the cracks. Our Houston property insurance claims lawyer will fight hard to protect you from unscrupulous insurance tactics. At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, we stop at nothing to recover the compensation that lets you start putting your home and life back together again.
When to Hire Our Homeowners Insurance Claims Lawyer Serving Houston
The best time to put our insurance lawyer to work on your case is from the beginning. We will delve into your policy details—including details hidden in the fine print—and translate complex legal and insurance language into terms you can understand.
Work with our law firm if one or more of the following apply:
- Your potential financial recovery amount is substantial.
- Your home has sustained irreparable damage.
- The cause of your property damage is under investigation.
- You need help to secure a favorable settlement offer.
Insurance policies can be challenging to understand without legal guidance and support. Our insurance claims lawyer can take the mystery out of the process for Houston homeowners.
Know What Your Houston Homeowners insurance Does and Does Not Cover
Because policy language can be full of legal and insurance jargon, it can be more complicated than you think to understand when your insurance company is responsible for compensating you.
According to Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) guidelines, most homeowners insurance will cover damage caused by the following:
- Fire and smoke
- Vehicle and aircraft
- Theft and vandalism
- Weather and lightning
- Malicious mischief and riots
- Wind, water, and adverse weather
- Civil commotion and unrest
- Explosions and catastrophic
No insurance policy will cover every event that could damage your home. That is why it is essential to understand exactly when your policy will compensate you. Bring us a copy of your policy and all attachments, and let our law firm provide clarity when you need it most.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Our Homeowners insurance Practice Areas for Houston Residents
Residential property in Houston can sustain severe damage in various ways. If your home sustained damage due to an event covered by your policy, we will help you get compensation. At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, we protect homeowners from the following bad-faith insurance practices:
- Intentionally prolonging your claim with unnecessary paperwork
- Refusing to communicate or correspond with you promptly
- Creating unnecessary delays when investigating your claim
- Knowingly misrepresenting your policy or undervaluing your case
- Deliberately making an unreasonably low settlement offer
- Failing to pay promptly once an insurer settles a claim
Texas Insurance Code § 541 defines all these actions as wrongful. Our homeowners insurance claims attorney serving Houston will challenge the insurance provider if it engages in any of these unlawful practices.
We Also Support Homeowners Whose Home Damage Claims Were Denied
You do not have to accept a rejected claim without a fight. Our law firm will review the reason for the denial and file an effective appeal. We will:
- Thoroughly document your property damages and losses.
- Add additional supportive information to your case file.
- Carefully review your policy and letter of denial.
- File an official TDI complaint when warranted.
- Clarify any filing or administration errors or typos.
Leave your appeal to our law firm. We will represent you from start to finish and never stop fighting for the compensation you are entitled to recover.
Houston Homeowners Insurance Claim Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Let Our Client-Focused Law Firm Deal With the Insurance Company for You
Recovering compensation after a disaster damages your residential property can be frustrating and stressful. You do not have to deal with the complicated process alone.
When our Houston homeowners insurance claims attorney accepts your case, we will take care of all of the following for you:
- Create a detailed list of your property damage and covered losses.
- Clarify the limitations and maximums of your policy’s coverage.
- Handle all case-related verbal, written, and electronic communication.
- Obtain, complete, and submit all required insurance claim forms.
- Negotiate the best possible monetary settlement on your behalf.
- Clarify and comply with all applicable notification and filing deadlines.
Let our legal team deal with the insurance company right from the start. We will see your case through until its resolution, fighting hard for the compensation you need and deserve.
What It Means to Be a Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, Client
When previous clients recommend our law firm, they leave online reviews like the following:
- Samantha F.: Carrigan and Anderson are the absolute best! There’s no one else I would trust with my case. They work extremely hard to get you the results you desire. They are with you throughout the whole process…I would highly recommend their services to anyone in need of an attorney.
- Ricardo F.: Mr. David Anderson was very helpful after the hailstorm and Hurricane Harvey…I recommend Carrigan and Anderson to anybody needing help with their homeowner insurance companies.
Our law firm brings more than 50 years of experience in insurance law to your case. Our lead attorney, David M. Anderson, represents policyholders like you, fighting against unwarranted and unfair delays and denials of valid claims.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
Contact Our Homeowners Insurance Claims Team
If you are a homeowner struggling to get the compensation you need from your insurance company, our law firm could handle your claim. Our Houston homeowners insurance claims lawyer will review your policy in detail. Then, we will define your rights as a policyholder and the insurance company’s responsibilities. Finally, we’ll fight for the payment you deserve.
Get started by contacting our case review team at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, today.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.