If you sustained a personal injury in a car crash, a premises liability incident, or a workplace accident, our lawyer serving Victoria, Texas, can help you pursue monetary compensation from whoever caused your injury.
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, can assign a Victoria personal injury lawyer to your case so that you would not have to fight for compensation alone. We are here to guide you through the complex legal system so you can get justice and compensation after an avoidable injury.
Qualifying for Personal Injury Damages in Victoria, TX
Our personal injury lawyer in Victoria, TX, can assist you if you suffered an injury in:
- A traffic accident involving a truck, a car, or a motorcycle.
- An incident that occurred on someone else’s property, such as a dog bite or a slip-and-fall accident
- A workplace accident
Such accidents could cost you your health, your career, and even your family’s financial stability. It is unfair for you to handle the burden of an injury alone when someone else’s negligence caused your suffering. A personal injury lawsuit could recover money for any of the following you experienced:
- Pain and suffering: The injury and the accident that caused it can lead to deep psychological scars. In addition, your physical injuries can be painful.
- Impaired quality of life: Consider how the accident has changed your lifestyle. Do you need help navigating the stairs? Can you take care of your house or dependents by yourself, or do you need outside help?
- Income losses: When people suffer serious injuries, they must stay home from work or reduce their working hours. If this is your situation, missing work could slow or stop your income, putting you behind in paying your bills. You could see repayment for this loss.
- Medical expenses: This includes any treatment that saves your life, reduces symptoms, or improves your quality of life and well-being. You can sue for reimbursement for hospital visits, therapy, surgery, and nursing care, among other things.
- Property damage: The most common example is when a motor vehicle suffers damage in a traffic accident. However, you can sue for any valuable property you lost.
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in an accident in Victoria, TX, you could file a wrongful death case on their behalf if you qualify under state law. With our firm’s assistance, you could recover money for funeral expenses and loss of financial support, and intangible losses, such as the grief your loved one’s sudden absence caused.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Our Victoria Personal Injury Lawyers Can Lead Your Entire Case
A Victoria personal injury lawyer from Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, is willing and able to help our clients navigate the legal world as they seek fair compensation. Our services may vary based on the client’s needs, but we always dedicate all our resources and experience to your case.
As an example, say you got hurt in a motorcycle accident. We can:
- Evaluate your case at no charge or obligation—all you have to do is call for a free consultation.
- Gather evidence from the motorcycle accident scene and request testimony or documents from relevant parties.
- Use case evidence to determine if you can sue a neglectful driver, motorcycle part manufacturer, or someone else who contributed to your injuries.
- Assess your damages to determine how much money you qualify to receive based on your injuries and losses.
- Contact the liable party’s insurance company to negotiate a settlement.
- Represent you at trial if we cannot settle your case.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as completing and filing paperwork and answering calls.
Texas Sets a Deadline on Personal Injury Cases
Our personal injury attorney in Victoria, TX, can only help if you contact us within the state’s statute of limitations. Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you must generally start your case within two years of the injury or risk losing your right to pursue legal action. Starting as early as possible will give an attorney more time to work on your case.
We Support Our Clients—Always
We know you have been through a lot. While managing your case can be a big help, we want to do more than just complete legal tasks for you. Our services also include:
- Responding when you call: Clients can call us any day of the week, including weekends, and know that we will respond promptly to their questions.
- Explaining all you need to know: We understand the laws regarding your situation may be unfamiliar. We will carefully review them to ensure you have the information you need to make the right decisions.
- Providing professional advice: It can be hard to make wise legal decisions when you are so closely involved in the case. Our legal team can give you timely, actionable advice whenever needed.
Victoria Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Insurance Companies Can Take Advantage of Injury Survivors
If you have not already received a visit from the liable party’s insurance company, you will almost certainly hear from them soon. When that happens, be aware that:
- They do not want to settle the case to your advantage.
- They may try to minimize your suffering or blame the accident on you to reduce the amount they must pay you.
- They may deliberately take a long time to respond to your messages to stall your case.
- You should never agree to anything they ask, whether it involves signing a settlement agreement or giving a recorded statement. Instead, you should consult a personal injury attorney first.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, we know all the tricks and tactics insurance companies will likely use against you. You can rely on our team to protect you with all our knowledge, resources, and 50-plus years of experience.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
We Can Handle Your Personal Injury Case in Victoria, TX, While Your Recover
The Victoria personal injury lawyers at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, can manage your legal case while you receive treatment or relax with your family.
Call us today for a free case review so you can explore your legal options and next steps. We would be proud to represent you as we work to hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.