Victoria Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you have lost a loved one to wrongful death, we know this is a difficult time for you and your family, and we extend our condolences. We offer compassionate legal representation to people who have lost a loved one and help them seek financial recovery from those responsible for the decedent’s fatal injury. We would like to do the same for you.
A Victoria wrongful death lawyer from Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, will pursue financial justice for you and the loved one you lost. You can start with a free consultation to learn more about your options and next steps.
The Cost of Wrongful Death in Victoria, TX
The loss a loved one’s passing creates seems immeasurable. However, as personal injury lawyers, our job is to gauge your losses. A wrongful death lawyer from Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, will investigate your losses and build your compensation case. Losses we can review include:
- Pain and suffering: You likely have endured pain and suffering because of your loved one’s passing. Our wrongful death lawyer in Victoria, TX, will determine what pain and suffering you’ve experienced, which may include grief and depression. We will also seek fair compensation for the pain and suffering your loved one experienced before their death.
- Treatment costs for pain and suffering: If you receive therapy or counseling, take medication, or seek other treatment for pain and suffering, our team will seek compensation covering your treatment.
- Funeral costs and medical expenses: Two losses often resulting from wrongful death are funeral costs and medical expenses, which can cost tens of thousands or more. The kind of care your loved one received before passing away (if any) will affect the cost of these damages.
- Loss of consortium: When someone passes away in Victoria, their loved ones lose a spouse, parent, or child. Your loved one’s death may mean losing someone who provided comfort, guidance, and other benefits beyond their financial support.
- Lost financial support: We will consider income, household services, and other financial support you’ve lost because of your loved one’s death.
If you have other damages from your loved one’s wrongful death, our team serving Victoria will identify them. Our attorney will aim to recover your compensation and, in doing so, justice for you and your loved ones.
Why Choose a Lawyer From Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, to Lead Your Victoria Wrongful Death Case?
We proudly serve those who have lost loved ones, providing essential counsel and support during their most difficult moments. You may choose your Victoria wrongful death lawyer from our firm because:
- You’ll work with a law firm partner: Managing partner Stephen P. Carrigan has represented wrongful death victims for more than 37 years. Carrigan, who clients know as “Steve,” will lead your wrongful death case. An opportunity to work with a partner in a firm is not common in our field, and we believe it sets our firm apart.
- We know Texas: With multiple offices in Texas, including one conveniently located in Victoria, our team is dedicated to serving Texans. We know the state’s civil laws well, and we’re familiar with the courts in Victoria.
- Client service is our priority: Don’t get us wrong, your case’s financial outcome is vitally important. However, we believe your satisfaction and comfort with our legal service is just as important. You can text Steve seven days a week and expect a prompt response. We’ll also provide regular case updates.
- Our fee structure works for you: You won’t pay us any upfront fees or compensation when you hire our wrongful death lawyer. Instead, we receive a percentage of any settlement or judgment we secure for you—giving us even more reason to win your case.
No matter your circumstances, you are not alone after losing a loved one. Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, is on your side, and we will guide you through a wrongful death lawsuit you want to pursue.
Our Clients Receive These Services From Our Wrongful Death Lawyer in Victoria, TX
From the moment you hire us to the final steps in your case, our firm will advise and protect you. Our mission is to secure the entire financial recovery you deserve, and we will strive to achieve this mission by:
Overseeing Every Detail of Your Lawsuit
We will manage every detail of your case, large and small. By us taking responsibility for communications, paperwork, and every other lawsuit-related duty, you can focus on your grieving process while we handle your legal matter.
Gathering Facts and Evidence to Build Your Case
We represent wrongful death victims who’ve lost loved ones in various circumstances, from traffic accidents to work accidents and other events. Our team will:
- Interview witnesses about the circumstances that caused your loved one’s death
- Gather case-related evidence
- Obtain and verify relevant information
- Work with experts and investigators who can help us build your case
- Take other essential steps to build an evidence- and fact-based case
Our team completes these critical responsibilities so our clients don’t have to. You could focus on your well-being while we build your case.
Documenting and Assessing Your Damages
We will obtain all available documentation of your damages, including bills related to your loved one’s funeral and burial, mental health experts’ diagnoses of your pain and suffering, proof of the decedent’s income, and other proof of damages.
Leading Your Settlement Negotiations
Your wrongful death lawyer in Victoria, TX, will negotiate a settlement on your behalf. If we do not obtain the settlement you deserve, we’ll move forward to court to continue your fight for compensation.
Call Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, Today for Your Free Consultation About Hiring a Victoria Wrongful Death Lawyer
Do not wait to hire a wrongful death attorney in Victoria, TX, to represent you and your loved one. Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, our team may have a limited time to file your case against the liable party.
You can speak with our team at no cost and with no obligations. Call us today for your free consultation.