An 18 wheeler accident can leave victims with severe injuries and significant financial losses. You should not have to bear the economic burden of a crash if it resulted from the negligent actions of a truck driver, trucking company, or other liable party. You deserve compensation for your damages and the monetary resources you need to get back on your feet.
A Victoria truck accident lawyer with Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, can put our law firm’s 50-plus years of legal experience behind securing a full and fair settlement for you and your family. We are here to stand up to the insurance company on your behalf, and we will not back down from taking legal action. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Our Victoria Truck Accident Attorneys Fight for 18 Wheeler Accident Victims
An 18 wheeler is a commercial motor vehicle with a truck and attached trailer, sometimes called a semi-truck. The size and weight of these vehicles can pose a danger in an accident, especially to motorists in smaller passenger cars.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), 68 percent of fatal truck accident victims in 2021 were passenger vehicle occupants. Because of their potential to harm others, 18 wheeler drivers, trucking companies, and others involved with these vehicles and their cargo must take precautions to prevent harming others. When they fail to do so, we can hold them responsible.
Our legal team will act as your advocate and ally to recover maximum compensation for your crash. Our 18 wheeler accident attorneys in Victoria, TX, understand the tactics insurance companies use to delay or deny payment and how to fight back. We will defend your right to financial awards, including representing you at trial if necessary.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Recoverable 18 Wheeler Accident Damages
Our personal injury lawyers have helped auto accident victims recover multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts. We will work with you to identify, calculate, and pursue compensation for your economic and non-economic damages, which may include the following:
- Ambulance transportation and emergency treatment
- Hospital and doctor’s fees
- Medical testing
- Prescription drugs, medical devices, and medical equipment
- Physical therapy
- Long-term nursing
- Loss of income, earnings, and employment benefits
- Lost or reduced future earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Household services
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Impaired quality of life
Our team also serves families of fatally injured truck accident victims. If your loved one died from wounds suffered in an 18 wheeler accident, our wrongful death attorneys can seek awards on behalf of their estate and survivors. Damages may include medical bills, funeral expenses, burial fees, lost income, support, and services, and survivors’ mental pain and suffering.
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, will pursue every cent owed to you or your loved one. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more.
Victoria Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Our Victoria, TX, Firm Will Build a Solid Truck Accident Claim While You Recover
Winning your case means establishing another party’s negligent or wrongful actions caused your injuries and damages. To prove liability, our attorney must demonstrate the following:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- Their reckless, careless, or wrongful actions breached that duty.
- The breach caused your accident and injuries.
- Your accident led to financial losses and pain and suffering.
Our 18 wheeler accident lawyers in Victoria, TX, can do the following to build your claim and prove you deserve compensation:
- Collect evidence. Our team will visit the scene of your crash, take photographs, and collect physical evidence. We will gather police reports, medical records, and witness statements. We will also obtain evidence in the trucking company’s possession, such as vehicle repair records, driver’s logs, or the truck’s “black box” recorder. When needed, we will hire and consult with crash reconstructionists and other experts.
- Identify your losses. We will use bills, receipts, pay stubs, invoices, and other documentation to prove your financial losses. We can also obtain testimony establishing your right to compensation for pain and suffering. Finally, we will seek estimates regarding expected expenses, ensuring you have enough money to care for yourself and your family now and in the future.
- Communicate on your behalf. We will prepare and file your insurance and legal paperwork and handle all case-related communications and negotiations. We will reject lowball offers, protect you from pressure to settle for less than you deserve, and defend you from bad-faith insurance tactics.
Do Not Wait Too Long to Get Started
You have limited time to pursue your case. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in civil court. If the statute of limitations expires, you will likely be unable to obtain fair compensation. Our Victoria truck accident lawyers can help you get started the same day you reach out.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Crashes in Victoria, TX
An 18 wheeler crash can result from driver error, trucking company negligence, or the careless or reckless actions of another liable party. Common causes of truck accidents include the following:
- Drinking and driving
- Driver inattention
- Driver inexperience
- Driver fatigue
- Violation of state and federal traffic laws
- Violation of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Improperly attached trailers
- Overloaded or unsecured cargo
- Lack of vehicle maintenance or inspections
- Poorly maintained or designed roadways
Financial responsibility for your 18 wheeler accident will depend on the crash’s cause. In many instances, fault will rest with the involved commercial driver and the company they work for. However, depending on the circumstances of the collision, a shipping company, mechanic, truck or trailer owner, or the owner of the property where the accident occurred may also be liable.
Our car accident lawyers can assist with claims against multiple parties when necessary.
You need a skilled advocate to protect your legal rights and present your claim in such a way as to maximize your recovery.
Call Us Today for Legal Help With a Victoria, TX, 18 Wheeler Accident
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, will support you through every step of your truck accident case. We provide clients with personalized legal services, including 24/7 text or phone access to our founding partners, Stephen P. Carrigan and David M. Anderson.
Because we never want costs to stand in the way of justice, we get paid only if we obtain monetary compensation for you. Contact us today for a free consultation. We can answer your questions and concerns and tell you more about how our Victoria 18 wheeler accident lawyers can represent you.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.