In Texas, everything is bigger, including the trucks. Larger vehicles cause more significant damage and injuries when accidents occur. If that happened to you, you deserve Texas-sized financial compensation. The 18 wheeler accident lawyers at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, can fight for your financial recovery in Corpus Christi.
With the help of our Corpus Christi truck accident attorneys, you can work to get damages without actually doing the work. Our legal team will file your claims or lawsuit paperwork, compile documentation, preserve compelling evidence, and arrange appropriate compensation. Call us today for a free consultation.
Our Lawyers Chart Several Paths to 18 Wheeler Accident Damages in Texas
The Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, team handles insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits for accident victims. We can help you transition from one to the other if necessary in your commercial trucking accident case. You can hire our personal injury lawyers if you are negotiating with an insurer or facing complications.
In fact, our 18 wheeler accident attorneys in Corpus Christi, TX, can handle more than one claim or suit in your case—and big rig accident cases can have more than one liable party. You won’t need to worry about pursuing several parties at once just to get damages for the same accident. We can work on your commercial truck accident case from every angle.
We Will Consider All Your Options When Taking Legal Action
When we investigate your case, we start by looking into who to hold responsible for the crash:
- Truck drivers: This group includes commercial truck operators who drive while impaired, tailgate, make illegal turns, and fail to take federally mandated hours-of-service breaks set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)—any careless actions by them leave them open to liability.
- Trucking companies: They share responsibility when their truck drivers cause accidents. Sometimes, the companies are negligent themselves.
- Cargo companies: If the cargo injured you in the truck or the material caused the accident, we can hold the owner of the cargo liable.
- Product manufacturers: Faulty truck parts, defective cargo, or malfunctioning safety equipment allow us to pursue the manufacturer for damages.
This is just the start. Our Corpus Christi truck accident lawyers will also consider if other passenger vehicle drivers were involved and investigate the site to see if the city or a private property owner failed to maintain the road or signs.
We doggedly investigate every possibility if it means getting you more compensation through additional claims or suits.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
You Will Get Support from Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, After an 18 Wheeler Crash
Hiring a lawyer is more than transactional. It’s even more than a business relationship. To ensure you get all the damages you deserve, we’ll get to know your deepest struggles with your health, career, and personal life. As a result, you need to feel safe with us.
With that in mind, we offer free case consultations to allow you to interview us. You can reach out to us right now to schedule this evaluation, wherein we’ll go over both your situation and our background. Use this time to ask us anything about what to expect, options for you, and our 18 wheeler accident attorneys’ track record in Corpus Christi, TX.
You can also count on the following support from us throughout your case:
- We’ll provide continual reports about your case’s progress.
- You’ll be able to text or call our lawyers seven days a week.
- We have no problem explaining any legal terminology if you’re unsure.
- You can take the time you need to recover while we run interference.
- We’ll work to ensure you aren’t bullied or taken advantage of by insurers.
Corpus Christi 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Your 18 Wheeler Crash Damages Should Be Comprehensive – We Will Count Every Loss
There’s no way around it—the bigger the truck, the greater the injuries. The FMCSA reports that large trucks, like 18 wheelers, are up to 30 times heavier than passenger vehicles.
The resulting injuries could land you in the hospital for several days or even weeks, stays that could end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars. Some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, also cost more.
This is why our Corpus Christi truck accident lawyers fight so hard for victims. You weren’t just hit by another vehicle. You were hit by a vehicle in an entirely different weight class. We therefore seek compensation that matches the level of damage you suffered.
We Will Consider All Your Compensation Options, Too
Just as we strive to recover various types of damages by exploring multiple claims or suits, our 18 wheeler accident attorneys in Corpus Christi, TX, work to maximize your damages by making them specific.
A sampling of some of the bills and losses we’ll fight to include your settlement or verdict:
- Emergency transportation and ER visits
- Hospital stays and follow-up care
- Diagnostic testing and imaging
- Rehabilitative therapies (e.g., physical therapy)
- Prescription medications
- Medical equipment (e.g., crutches, wheelchairs)
- Loss of income
- Reduced ability to earn income
- Training for a new job if necessary
- Changes to your home to accommodate injuries
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Impaired or reduced quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Impaired quality of life
It looks like a long list, and it should be. Consider how much devastating injuries upended your relationships, career, independence, hobbies, and enjoyment of life—nothing can quite compensate you for all that. Still, we work to get as close as possible.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
Texas Laws Affecting Your Corpus Christi, TX, 18 Wheeler Truck Accident Case
Our 18 wheeler collision lawyers can brief you on which Corpus Christi laws and deadlines will play a role in your case. Some aspects we consider:
- Insurance filing deadlines: Although each company has different requirements, it’s best to file as soon as possible to avoid any questioning of your claim’s legitimacy.
- Statute of limitations deadline: Generally, Texas allows two years to file a lawsuit, but you may not have that long, so check with us.
- Wrongful death laws: Our wrongful death lawyers can review state laws on who can file for compensatory damages on behalf of your loved one, who receives damages, and how long you have to build a case. Recoverable losses in these cases can include funeral expenses, burial costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
The other party in your case may also face legal troubles from the police for breaking the law, such as drunk driving. Our truck accident lawyers can help you navigate a civil case separate from any case by the authorities.
You need a skilled advocate to protect your legal rights and present your claim in such a way as to maximize your recovery.
If You Are Recovering from a Corpus Christi, TX, 18 Wheeler Crash, Call Us Today
You can contact our firm at any point for free information and learn more about how our Corpus Christi lawyers will handle an 18 wheeler accident insurance claim or suit. You deserve to hold a party accountable for negligent actions that harmed you. Truck collisions can harm victims for years to come. We will hold commercial drivers who caused the crash, ensuring they are held accountable.
We seek big damages in big rig cases and can take care of your entire personal injury case from beginning to end. Call now for a free, no-obligation consultation.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.