Construction truck accidents involve heavy equipment and large commercial vehicles that can cause severe injuries and damages. Incidents can happen anywhere construction vehicles are present, including streets, job sites, and areas with roadwork.
If a construction vehicle hurt you or your loved one, a Corpus Christi truck accident lawyer with Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, can help you seek economic justice. Our legal team will handle every step of your insurance claim or lawsuit so you can focus on your health and family. Get started today with a risk-free, no-cost consultation.
Seeking Construction Truck Accident Compensation
Construction truck accidents often involve 18 wheelers, semi-trucks, and heavy equipment like bulldozers, cranes, and loaders. These large, heavy vehicles can cause severe and fatal injuries to construction workers and bystanders visiting or driving through a construction site. Victims may face significant medical expenses, lengthy recoveries, and physical, mental, and emotional suffering.
If your injury resulted from negligence or wrongdoing, you deserve compensation for your losses. Our personal injury lawyers in Corpus Christi, TX, can help you recover the following economic and noneconomic damages with an insurance claim or lawsuit:
- Medical expenses. We can pursue the cost of your current and expected future medical bills. Compensation may include ambulance transportation, emergency services, surgeries, hospitalizations, medical devices and equipment, doctor visits, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and extended nursing.
- Lost income. We can recover lost wages, earnings, and employment benefits. If you sustained a permanent or disabling injury that prevents you from returning to your job, we can seek awards for lost future earning potential.
- Personal property damages. If your vehicle or personal items sustained damages during your accident, we can seek the cost of repairs or replacements.
- Pain and suffering. We can pursue monetary awards for intangible losses, including emotional distress, mental anguish, physical pain, loss of mobility, scarring, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one was in a fatal accident, our wrongful death attorneys can seek compensation on behalf of their estate and survivors. Damages may include medical care, funeral and burial costs, loss of income and future financial support, loss of your family member’s care, council, and companionship, and survivors’ mental pain and suffering.
What if Your Accident Was a Work Injury?
According to the Texas Department of Insurance, employers in Texas can choose whether or not to provide employees with workers’ compensation insurance. Our work injury lawyers can explore your options for seeking additional awards from a liable third party. We can also assist with a personal injury lawsuit against a non-subscriber employer if your workplace is not insured.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Provide Top-Notch Service and Aggressive Representation
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, is a small firm with big advantages. Stephen P. Carrigan is a civil trial lawyer with more than 37 years of experience. David M. Anderson aggressively represents clients struggling with delayed or denied insurance claims. They and their team will fight for your rights and best interests while providing you with personalized legal solutions and individualized support.
Our Corpus Christi construction truck accident lawyers will do the following so you don’t have to:
- Investigate your accident and prove your right to financial compensation
- Identify and calculate your losses
- Complete and file insurance and legal paperwork
- Handle meetings, phone calls, and emails with the insurance company and opposing counsel
- Review settlement offers, reject lowball payments, and stand up to bad-faith insurance tactics
- Negotiate for the maximum compensation possible
- Represent you at trial if necessary
Throughout, we will keep you informed with regular updates. In addition, Stephen and David respond to text messages seven days a week, and Steve also accepts client phone calls on weekdays and weekends.
Contact us today to get started with a free consultation.
Corpus Christi Construction Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Construction Truck Accident Causes
Many factors can cause or contribute to construction truck accidents. Our personal injury lawyers can help you determine if one of the following led to your injuries and damages:
- Driver/operator intoxication
- Driver fatigue
- Violation of state and federal traffic laws
- Operator inexperience
- Construction truck rollovers
- Faulty tractor/trailer hitches or improper hook-ups
- Improperly loaded or overloaded trucks
- Lack of vehicle inspections
- Improper truck maintenance
- Lack of required vehicle safety features or safety equipment
- Mechanical defects or equipment failure
- Violation of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FCSA) regulations
In addition to truck crashes, construction vehicle accidents include struck-by/against incidents. These accidents happen when a vehicle component (like a crane or boom) or falling objects/debris hit a victim. According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), struck-by/against incidents are the second-leading cause of construction accident fatalities, preceded only by falls.
Who Is Liable for Your Damages?
Our construction truck accident lawyers in Corpus Christi, TX, can investigate your case, collect evidence, and pursue claims against all those at fault. Depending on the cause of your injuries, responsible parties may include the following:
- A commercial truck driver
- A construction vehicle operator
- A trucking company
- A construction company
- A government entity
- A property owner
- A supervisor or subcontractor
- A third-party motorist
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
How Long do You Have to Pursue a Construction Truck Accident Claim in Texas?
You should start your construction truck accident claim as soon as you can. Doing so will give our legal team the longest possible window to build a case and work through insurance negotiations before the statute of limitations expires.
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. However, you have less time if your case involves a government worker or entity. Our attorneys can tell you more and help you take action before time runs out.
You need a skilled advocate to protect your legal rights and present your claim in such a way as to maximize your recovery.
Contact Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, for Construction Truck Accident Assistance
If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a construction truck accident, the experienced attorneys at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, are here to help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Our Corpus Christi construction truck accident lawyers take cases on contingency, so we only get paid when you do.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.