For many people, the reality of living with a catastrophic injury sets in after the shock of being in an accident passes. There’s so much to consider—the extensive recovery time, high medical costs, shrinking income, and never-ending physical and mental pain. Severe and complex wounds often change someone’s life permanently. As a result, they might have to hire a personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi to fight for the money they need.
If you or someone you know is recovering from catastrophic wounds after someone’s careless or reckless behavior, you could demand financial compensation. A Corpus Christi catastrophic injury lawyer from Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, can lead your case for damages. At the same time, you put your time and effort where it rightfully belongs—on restoring your health. Call us today for a free consultation.
How Our Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Corpus Christi, TX, Can Help Your Case
It is hard to conduct a personal injury case from a hospital bed or home. However, that’s where most patients must be as they receive medical care for a serious wound. Catastrophic injuries are beyond serious. They impair people long-term—possibly for the rest of their lives—and can affect vital organs, such as the brain, spine, or other body parts.
Our catastrophic injury lawyers in Corpus Christi, TX, will manage your case from start to finish and handle all tasks for you. We offer professional legal representation to our clients at no upfront, out-of-pocket cost. Instead, we receive an agreed-upon percentage of an insurance settlement or court-ordered award.
When you become our client, we will:
- Investigate what caused your catastrophic injury.
- Collect evidence that supports your case (e.g., medical records and bills, witness testimony, photos, video footage, or an incident or police report).
- Identify all parties who should pay damages.
- Manage communication with all parties, including counsel for the opposing party and the insurance company.
- Keeping a record of your medical bills and accident-related expenses.
- Lead settlement negotiations for your financial recovery.
- File your lawsuit with the court on time if we cannot settle your case.
- Represent you at trial and fight for your full monetary award.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Compensatory Damages in a Corpus Christi, TX, Catastrophic Injury Case
Our attorneys will review every loss suffered and determine how much to demand so that you get paid for every loss you endured. Catastrophic injuries are expensive to treat, and each case is different. As the National Safety Council (NSC) data shows, disabling injuries can cost tens of thousands of dollars.
You deserve to recover maximum compensation, and that’s what we will aim to achieve when we fight for you. You likely have suffered economic and noneconomic damages such as:
- Medical bills (past, present, and future)
- Extended care (e.g., physical therapy, daily home care)
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering (physical and mental)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
Wrongful Death Damages
Please accept our condolences if your loved one suffered fatal wounds. Our wrongful death attorney can help you file a lawsuit for damages against a liable party. If you qualify to file this legal action under Texas law, you could recover:
- Funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
- Medical expenses (paid and unpaid)
- The decedent’s lost household income
- Loss of companionship, society, love, comfort
- Survivors’ emotional pain and anguish
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, is ready to start on your case today. Our catastrophic injury lawyer in Corpus Christi, TX, will assess your case on its merits and advise you of all the damages available in your case. We will take on insurers for you and lead all efforts to recover your deserved awards. Call our team today for a free consultation.
Corpus Christi Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
We Will File Your Corpus Christi Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit on Time
One benefit of having a legal representative is they will pay attention to every detail of your case, including filing your lawsuit on time. Parties filing personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits have two years to do so, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
An attorney can advise you when you must pursue your case. Building a compelling injury case takes time, so we suggest starting as early as possible. Moreover, we will keep your case from slipping through the cracks. We understand that your case must meet the statutory filing deadline, or the court will likely dismiss it.
Finally, we will explain the applicable laws for your case and promptly answer your questions and concerns. Our clients can reach us directly seven days a week via phone or text.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
Catastrophic Injuries Are Serious, and Their Effects Can Last a Lifetime
If you or a loved one must manage life after suffering a catastrophic injury, recovery could mean:
- You cannot work for long periods or at all, losing your income and earning ability.
- You must hire at-home help because you can no longer perform daily tasks independently.
- You cannot participate in activities you enjoy.
- You face financial hardships as you must pay for medical care and therapies.
- You experience mental and emotional health challenges.
If any of these apply to your situation, you could explore your legal options with our catastrophic injury lawyer in Corpus Christi, TX. For instance, you might have been in a motor vehicle crash or sustained an injury while walking past a construction site. Whatever the reason for your injury, you can hold negligent parties accountable.
Common catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Limb loss
- Severe trauma to the neck or head
- Total or partial paralysis
- Internal organ damage
- Bone fractures
- Hearing or vision loss
You need a skilled advocate to protect your legal rights and present your claim in such a way as to maximize your recovery.
Call Us to Handle Your Corpus Christi, TX, Catastrophic Injury Case
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC’s catastrophic injury attorneys in Corpus Christi, TX, are ready to help you recover the money you need after a devastating accident. We will review your case and demand the liable party compensate you.
We don’t run away from tough cases and will take on any insurance company or other opposing parties. We won’t stop working until you get the necessary compensation to manage your recovery. Call us today for a free consultation.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.