Amazon does everything it can to avoid financial responsibility for collisions involving its drivers. To obtain the compensation you deserve after an Amazon delivery truck accident, you can to enlist the help of an experienced attorney.
The legal team at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, has represented injured clients for over 50 years. We have successfully taken on big insurance companies and powerful defendants, winning multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our Texas truck accident lawyers.
Can You Sue Amazon for Delivery Truck Accident Damages?
It can be extremely challenging to hold Amazon legally liable for truck accident damages because most of the company’s delivery drivers are not technically Amazon employees. Instead, the internet retailer relies on a vast network of delivery service partners (DSPs).
Amazon asserts that DSP drivers are interdependent contractors, and Amazon is therefore not financially responsible for accidents they cause. All despite the fact that Amazon owns the trucks, cargo, and delivery schedules.
Who Can You Hold Liable for an Amazon Truck Collision?
Our Amazon delivery truck accident lawyers will help you explore every possible option for recovering your Texas personal injury lawyer damages. If we can prove Amazon’s negligence caused your injuries, we may be able to pursue a claim against the company. If not, we may be able to seek damages from a delivery driver, the DSP the driver works for, a third-party motorist, a vehicle or auto parts manufacturer, or another liable party.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Recoverable Truck Accident Compensation
Every motor vehicle accident case is different, and the compensation you can recover after a crash will depend on various factors, including the extent of your injuries and medical treatment. In general, our Texas Amazon delivery truck accident lawyers can help you pursue the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Current and future medical treatment. We will seek compensation for your current medical bills and obtain estimates regarding your future care, ensuring you have the resources you need to get back on your feet. Medical damages may include emergency transportation and services, medical procedures, hospital stays, doctor’s fees, mobility aids, medical equipment, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and long-term nursing.
- Lost wages and employment benefits. We can pursue your back pay and benefits if you cannot work while recovering from your truck accident. If you suffered a permanent or disabling injury that prevents you from returning to your job, we can seek compensation for your lost earning capacity.
- Vehicle damages. We can recover the cost of your vehicle repairs. If the damages are a total loss, we can seek your car’s fair replacement value.
- Pain and suffering. We can pursue monetary awards for physical suffering, chronic pain, mental anguish, emotional distress, disfigurement, scarring, loss of enjoyment, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful death. Our wrongful death lawyers can seek damages if your loved one suffered a fatal truck accident injury. Compensation may include medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, loss of the deceased’s income and future financial support, loss of the deceased’s services, care, protection, and companionship, and survivors’ mental and emotional pain and suffering.
We Fight for Economic Justice So You Can Focus on Healing
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, offers compassionate and focused legal help aimed at getting you the maximum compensation possible.
David M. Anderson advocates for clients struggling with delayed or denied insurance claims. Stephen P. Carrigan has over 37 years of civil court trial experience. They and their team will handle every detail of your truck accident claim or lawsuit so you can turn your time and energy toward healing.
Our law firm can:
- Investigate your accident
- Collect evidence to support your case
- Identify liable parties
- Calculate your losses
- Prepare and file your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Protect you from bad-faith insurance tactics
- Aggressively negotiate on your behalf
- Represent you at trial if necessary
Contact us today to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Texas Amazon Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Forms of Negligence in Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents
Our Amazon delivery truck accident attorneys in Texas will prove that another party’s negligent or wrongful actions caused your commercial vehicle accident. Examples of negligence that could lead to an Amazon truck crash include the following:
- Driver intoxication
- Driver inexperience
- Driver inattention
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Failure to adhere to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FCSA) or Hours of Service regulations, when applicable
- Failure to vet or train drivers
- Failure to conduct mandatory driver alcohol and drug screenings
- Placing undue pressure on drivers to meet unreasonable delivery schedules
- Failure to inspect or repair delivery trucks
We Will Build Your Case With Evidence
Our commercial vehicle accident attorneys will use their skills and legal knowledge to investigate your collision and collect evidence proving negligence. We will use the following to build a robust injury claim:
- Eyewitness statements
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Cell phone, surveillance, or dashcam video
- Photographs, debris, tire marks, and other information gathered from the accident scene
- Expert testimony
In addition, we can draft and send spoliation letters to Amazon, its DSPs, and other involved parties demanding they preserve and share evidence in their possession, including driver’s logs, delivery schedules, and truck maintenance records.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
How Long do You Have to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Texas?
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit after a Texas car accident. If you do not pursue your case before time runs out, the court will likely refuse your suit.
The statute of limitations will also affect your insurance claims. If the deadline expires before you reach a settlement agreement, you lose your legal leverage over the insurance company, and it is no longer incentivized to offer you fair compensation.
You need a skilled advocate to protect your legal rights and present your claim in such a way as to maximize your recovery.
Contact Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, About Your Amazon Delivery Truck Accident
Auto accident cases involving Amazon drivers can be challenging, but you do not have to handle your claim alone. Contact Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, to learn more about how our Texas Amazon delivery truck accident attorneys can help you secure the financial compensation you need and deserve.
We take cases on contingency, so working with us will cost you nothing upfront or out of pocket. Schedule a free consultation today and connect with a lawyer near you.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.