If you or a loved one is recovering from a motor vehicle collision, you likely have medical bills and could miss time away from work to heal from your injuries. If so, our car accident lawyer in Robstown, TX, can seek financial compensation from the party that caused the accident. Car crashes are often frightening and unpredictable, leaving victims confused, injured, and most likely without transportation.
If this is your situation, you can fight back against a negligent driver who caused you harm. The Robstown, TX, personal injury lawyers at Carrigan & Anderson PLLC can assist you in holding them liable for your losses with an insurance claim or civil lawsuit. You can contact us today to review your legal options during a free consultation.
How Hire Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, for Your Robstown, TX, Car Accident?
When you file your personal injury claim with Carrigan & Anderson, your burdens become ours. Having to figure out your settlement, prove liability, sort out state laws, and communicate with insurance adjusters and opposing legal factions? That’s all on us. All we want from you is your story and your trust.
While you get your injuries, we’ll be fighting hard to see you get the money you need to pay for your injuries and car expenses. We are also available seven days a week if you have any questions during your time with us.
Attorney David M. Anderson has decades of experience representing clients against insurance companies who refuse to pay them what they are due. Stephen P. Carrigan is a civil trial attorney with over 37 years of experience representing injured clients seeking compensation.
Together, they lead a firm that puts you and your legal needs first and has the experience to manage your entire case from start to finish. You can call when ready to pursue the claims process or an accident lawsuit after a collision in Robstown.
We have offices in Houston, Corpus Christi, and Victoria; and will travel to any corner of Texas if we are capable of preventing an injustice.
Not Sure How to Hold a Liable Party Accountable After a Car Accident in Robstown, TX? We Can Help
To determine fault, we must prove an individual or party had a duty of care to you to act safely and responsibly but breached that duty through a careless act and harmed you in the process, leaving you with damages.
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC, will take on your case, investigate the accident, and prove your fault. We will use the evidence in your case to bring instigators to justice.
The negligent party in your case will likely be one of the following:
- A motorist: There is no shortage of ways to act irresponsibly and cause an unnecessary crash. These include texting while driving, drinking, driving distracted, aggressive driving, left turn collisions, running a stop sign, lane switching, or hitting the brakes suddenly.
- A third party: The negligent party is not always the one who struck you during the accident. Misconduct on another road user’s part could have given the driver in question little time to react, and you were hit as a result. This negligent individual does not have to be a driver; they could be a cyclist, motorcyclist, or pedestrian.
- A manufacturer: Defective tires, engine failure, brake malfunctions, and broken seat belts are manufacturing or mechanical issues the driver has little to no control over. They can be the direct cause of an accident or a contributing factor. A driver may bear some responsibility if they have prior knowledge of the defect. But if they were unaware, the car manufacturer could be responsible for paying you financial compensation.
- A government entity: Road upkeep and traffic equipment maintenance is the responsibility of your city’s government. If an accident occurs due to an element such as a sinkhole or a missing stop sign, the city could bear accountability.
Robstown Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 361-884-4437
Our Injury Attorney Will Seek Full Damages After the Car Crash in Robstown, TX
The damages you could recover after a collision will depend on the accident’s circumstances, the extent of your injuries, and the damage to your vehicle, among other things. But generally, they will fit into the below categories:
- Medical costs: Trips to the emergency room, tests, and surgeries are all initial costs that factor into your settlement. But you may overlook costs like prescription drugs, aftercare, counseling, and other treatments that may cost you over a long period, depending on your injuries.
- Lost income: Accident injuries can put you out of work temporarily or permanently. The extent of your injuries will affect how long you will be away from the job. Income also encompasses expenses, such as alternative transportation fees or car repair costs, and whether your injuries have challenged your ability to earn in the foreseeable future.
- The value of these losses will depend on your injuries, as traumatic injuries will have a greater impact on you and your finances. Injuries that lead to a disability or other life-altering condition can cost hundreds of thousands or even more.
- Property damage: Car repair or replacement costs fall into this category. If you had valuables in your car that were damaged or destroyed in the crash, we could include them in your damages.
- Non-economic damages: Pain and suffering, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), impaired quality of life, emotional damage, mental anguish, and other damages of this nature fall under non-economic damages. These losses are harder to quantify because they have no assigned monetary value. Still, they have a place in your settlement and can affect how much compensation you could recover.
Our car accident attorneys in Robstown, TX, will review your damages, such as your medical bills, car appraisals, and income, and assign a financial value to your case. As we handle your case, we’ll ensure you don’t miss out on any potential damages.
Representing the injured in all areas of Texas that extends back over 40 years
How Long do You Have to File a Robstown Auto Accident Lawsuit in Texas?
The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Texas is generally two years from the date of your accident or injury, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. Unless exceptions apply, you must file within this window if you are pursuing financial compensation.
Accident scene analysis, dashcam footage, witness statements, phone records, and medical examinations are examples of evidence we want to secure promptly. The longer you wait to file a lawsuit, the harder it could be to build a case, as certain time-sensitive evidence may erode or expire.
When our auto accident attorney files your lawsuit, we will work toward getting you the money you need while removing the stress of filing a legal claim immediately after a devastating accident. No one wants to deal with a legal case while healing from injuries from a car accident. We understand that, so we’ll do it for you so that you can rest and recover.
You need a skilled advocate to protect your legal rights and present your claim in such a way as to maximize your recovery.
Our Car Accident Lawyer in Robstown, TX, Is Ready to Fight for Your Recovery
The help you seek after an auto accident is just a phone call away. Our car accident attorney is ready to learn how we can pursue financial compensation for damages if someone caused your collision in Robstown, TX.
The team at Carrigan & Anderson is available seven days a week and offers a free initial consultation so you can learn about your legal options and next steps. Let’s get to work getting the compensation you deserve. Call us today.
At Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC we can talk to you about your options and rights.