Whatever your situation
We’re here for you.
Texas Motorcycle Injury Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents in Texas have seen a sharp rise in 2020. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2020, there were 3,308 motorcycle crashes, with 3,202 injuries and 317 fatalities. This is a 9.7% increase in motorcycle crashes from 2019 and a 16.4% increase in deaths from 2019. These statistics demonstrate the importance of taking safety precautions when operating a motorcycle.
Motorcycle crashes can be extremely severe and result in very serious injuries. Riders can suffer from broken bones, head trauma, lacerations, internal bleeding, and other serious injuries. In some cases, the injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash can be life-threatening and require medical attention. Motorcycle riders need to wear the proper safety gear to protect against the severity of potential injuries in the event of a crash.
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured in a Corpus Christi, Texas Motorcycle Crash?
Motorcycle accidents are more dangerous than other types of car accidents. Even if the other driver is at fault, resolving a motorcycle accident claim through litigation can take years.
Our Corpus Christi, Texas motorcycle accident attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience obtaining the best possible recovery for injured motorcyclists throughout Texas. We are experts in motorcycle accidents and we are ready to kick ass for you.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
- A lack of visibility caused by car design blind spots – Car design blind spots can be a major contributing factor in motorcycle accidents, as they often restrict the driver’s visibility and ability to see motorcycles in the surrounding area. This can result in the driver making a sudden and unexpected maneuver, which can cause a motorcycle crash.
- Distracted driving – In the United States, motorcycle accidents caused by distracted driving account for approximately 19% of all motorcycle fatalities. This indicates a growing trend of motorcyclists being injured or killed due to other drivers not paying attention to the road.
- Speeding by one or more road users – nearly 25% of motorcycle accidents are caused by speeding, making it one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Failure to check for approaching traffic by drivers making left turns in front of bikes – Drivers making left turns in front of oncoming motorcycles is a major cause of motorcycle accidents, as it often results from a failure to check for approaching traffic. This type of accident can be avoided by drivers taking the time to properly check for oncoming traffic before turning.
- Due to lane positioning, there is a reduction in sight distance – The lane positioning of a motorcycle can have a significant impact on its safety. If the motorcycle is positioned too close to the edge of the lane, it can reduce the sight distance for the rider and potentially cause a crash. This is especially true for motorcyclists on highways, where the speed and size of other vehicles can make it difficult for them to react quickly and safely to any changes in the road.
- Poor weather conditions, such as rain, darkness, or insufficient lighting – Rain and darkness can reduce visibility and make it difficult for drivers to see motorcycles. Additionally, insufficient lighting on roads can make it difficult for drivers to see motorcycles and can make them more susceptible to crashes.
- Road Rage – Motorcycle crashes caused by road rage are on the rise, with an estimated 1,000 such incidents occurring annually. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that aggressive driving behavior, such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and speeding, are among the primary causes of these crashes. These crashes are particularly dangerous, as the rider is unprotected and can be thrown from the motorcycle, leading to severe injuries or death.
It is critical to seek medical attention immediately following a motorcycle accident. Even if there are no visible signs of injury, it is crucial to see a doctor to ensure that no internal injuries have occurred. Delays in medical attention can result in serious complications or even death. As a result, seeking medical attention as soon as possible after a motorcycle accident is critical.
What Are the Most Common Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident?
- Facial Fractures and Disfigurement
- Broken Bones and Burns
- Limb Amputations
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Paralysis and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Road Rash
Why Hire an Attorney if you are Involved in a Motorcycle Crash?
If you were in a motorcycle accident and suffered serious injuries, contact us at (361) 217-1112 or fill out our form for a free case review. We can advise you on of your case, including who is responsible for the accident and how much compensation you may be entitled to.
Our attorneys will handle the process and paperwork, in addition to dealing with insurance companies, while you focus entirely on recovering from your motorcycle injuries. Our knowledgeable Corpus Christi motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to answer all of your questions and we are ready to fight for you. We have offices in Corpus Christi, Houston, Victoria and serve the entire South Texas region. Call us today!
Meet Steve Carrigan
If You Get Into an Accident …
After an Accident, Never …
Cases We Handle
We’re here for you after an injury.
Car Accident lawyers in South Texas and beyond
Car accidents are far too frequent, and often times the frustrations of a car accident extend far beyond the actually trauma of the accident. If you or a loved one have been in a car wreck but feel you are not receiving just compensation from insurance, you need to contact Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC.
When you are suffering from physical injury or the loss of a loved one due to an accident, you don’t have time to battle unfair settlements and legal claims. Let Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC go to bat for you during this difficult time. With our experience, skill and resources, we are here to help you seek complete monetary damages for your car accident.
If you’ve been in a car wreck, don’t hesitate to text or call Steve at 361-648-6888. He can help you understand your options.
Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Whether you’re traveling on I-37 or crusing on TX-35, motorcyclists are the most vulnerable vehicle operators. No matter how safe you are as a motorcyclist, often other drivers are not as safe. Don’t let the negligence of other drivers keep you from getting the settlement you deserve from a motorcycle accident.
Our attorneys at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC are committed to protecting motorcycle riders’ rights. Motorcycle accidents can often cause great amounts of damage to persons and property – We will fight for the fair compensation that involve motorcycle accident victims.
If you or someone you love has been in a motorcyle wreck, reach out to Steve Carrigan, our motorcylcle attorney in Corpus Christi. Steve answers texts and calls 7 days a week at 361-648-6888.
Truck Accident Attorneys in Corpus Christi
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC is here to help if you or someone you love was injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler or other large truck. We handle commercial trucking accident cases across the entire state of Texas and have fought for the injured since 1986.
Semi Truck accident claims present particular complexities, making it more important to involve a seasoned attorney:
- 18-wheeler accidents are more likely to cause catastrophic injury and property damage, even when they occur at relatively low speeds. Resulting claims often have higher values and it will be more important for a victim to recover complete compensation for all injuries and losses.
- The at-fault party may be a large trucking company, distributor, or other large organization. With 18-wheeler accidents, it is more likely that responsibility may lie with a company as opposed to an individual driver. Trucking companies and their insurance providers may have entire teams of attorneys to counteract claims. You need a skilled attorney who has experience winning cases against these million dollar monsters.
If you’ve been in a wreck with a semi-truck anywhere in Texas, you need a responsive lawyer, who cares. Text or call Steve, day or night at 361-648-6888.
Corpus Christi Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
A 2019 report stated that “in the past 10 years, the number of pedestrian fatalities on our nation’s roadways has increased by more than 50%.” With greater distractions for drivers – including texting, GPS systems, and digital billboards – the number of pedestrian accidents has increased.
Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC is here to help if you were injured or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident. The person that caused the accident should pay for your injuries or loss, but trying to recover fair compensation from their insurance provider can be difficult. Our Corpus Christi pedestrian accident attorneys can level the playing field. We will aggressively represent your interests to help you secure a fair settlement or award.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Corpus Christi are available for advice 7 days a week. Call or text Steve today at 361-648-6888.
Corpus Christi Premises Liability Attorneys
A “premises liability” attorney is basically a fancy term for an attorney who is needed for a slip-and-fall, mugging, or anything else that occurs on someone elses’s property that causes you to be injured. Some people refer to a premises liability attorney as a “slip-and-fall” attorney, but it encompasses much more than just slip-and-falls.
In the course of a single day, we may visit a number of different properties. We may go to a restaurant, retail store, office building, hotel, or other residential or commercial property for work, pleasure, or personal reasons. While at these places, we trust that property owners are maintaining reasonably safe grounds. We do not expect that we could be injured because of a hazard.
Unfortunately, accidents do occur, and they leave innocent people seriously injured. If you were injured in an accident or were attacked or assaulted on another’s property, you may be entitled to financial compensation by way of a premises liability lawsuit. A Corpus Christi injury lawyer at Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC can talk to you about your options and rights.
Attorney Stephen Carrigan handles most of our premisis liability claims. If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, reach out to Steve anytime at 361-648-6888.
Corpus Christi Work Injury Lawyers
For over 30 years, we have been fighting for workers across the greater Nueces County area and the Coastal Bend who have been injured in on-the-job accidents. Our lawyers have fought for fair compensation for these workers and their families, helping them get the medical care and financial support they need to set things right again.
Texas is one of the only states that does not require employers to have workers compensation coverage. According to the Texas Workforce Commission the time limit an employee has to file a claim for a work injury is within the first 90 days. If your company has enrolled in workman’s comp, it may remove them from liability for your work injury if your company was at fault in the injury. If another company was at fault for the injury other than the company supplying the workman’s compensation insurance, you need to reach out to our injury team today
If you’re confused about who’s responsible for your work injury in Corpus Christi, TX, text with Steve for answers today at 361-648-6888.
Corpus Christi Wrongful Death Attorneys
The surprising loss of a loved one or family member can shake your world. It’s hard to focus or even concentrate on the things that need to be done. Our job is to help you seek justice for the wrongful death of your loved one. We want the legal process to be as swift and pain-free as possible. We will fight for you.
Our local wrongful death lawyers are highly experienced and are committed to helping the injured and wronged. They have more than five decades of collective legal experience and utilize this to help families across the greater Nueces County area and the Coastal Bend who have lost parents, children, spouses, and other family members due to another’s negligent or wrongful conduct. When you come to our firm, you will receive caring support and skillful representation as we pursue justice in your loved one’s name.
If you’re looking for a wrongful death lawyer in Corpus Christi, TX reach out to attorney Steve Carrigan today at 361-648-6888.
Call 361-884-4437 or fill out the form below for a free consultation.
"*" indicates required fields
Corpus Christi, TX 78401